- 1 bag Mozzarella Sticks
- 500 g. vine tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 50 ml. olive oil
- 2 tsp. sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano
- a mixture of lettuces for garnishing
- 1 dl. oregano leaves
‘All of the popular flavours in Italian cuisine in one easy-to-prepare, but truly delicious appetizer. This combination of flavours is based on the world-renowned pizza marinara. Here, you can prepare the home-made sauce by roasting the tomatoes with the garlic and olive oil yourself. If you find that's too labour intensive for you, then there are many great ready-made sauces available that you can adapt to your own taste, by adding some fresh oregano or basil, for example.'
- Wash the vine tomatoes carefully, keeping them attached to the vine, and gently place them into a small oven dish or baking tray.
- Sprinkle them generously with the olive oil, and then add the sea salt and black pepper.
- Add in the unpeeled garlic cloves and cover the oven dish with aluminium foil.
- Place the oven dish in the oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes. Allow the dish to cool and remove the vines and garlic clove casings.
- Puree the roasted tomatoes and garlic to a coarse texture and check the seasoning again, adding more salt and pepper if required. Now mix in the finely cut oregano.
- Deep-fry the Mozzarella Sticks at 175°C for about 2 minutes. Allow to rest in a warm place for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with a side of the tomato, garlic and oregano dip.
- Garnish with a bouquet of lettuce and some oregano leaves.