- 1 (per portion) Giant Chilli Beef Frankfurter from The Sausage Man
- 1 (per portion) Jumbo brioche hot dog roll
- 100g (per portion) Lamb Weston Stealth Fries
- German chip seasoning from The Sausage Man
Fennel & Cabbage Slaw
- 1 Fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 White cabbage, finely chopped
- 2Tbs Hainich Puszta salad from The Sausage Man (mixed pickled vegetables in Brandy vinegar)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Spring onion, diced
- 20g Fresh coriander, chopped
Chef Bjoern’s Giant Chilli Beef Hot Dog Sauce
- 3Tbs Homan’s sweet onion hot dog sauce
- 1tsp Ketchup
- 1tsp Mustard
- Dash of Worcester sauce
- Splash of Tabasco sauce
- Splash of soy sauce
- ½ tsp Dried coriander
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1tsp Curry spezial 1a seasoning from The Sausage Man
- 1 Spring onion, chopped
- 1Tbs Hainich Paprikasalat, chopped, from The Sausage Man (pickled red peppers)
- Pinch of crispy fired onions
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 Sliced chilli or jalapeño pepper
Chilli Beef Hot Dogs by Chef Bjoern Wassmuth, Executive Chef, The German Gymnasium
Combine some simple ingredients to make a topping for your hot dog that will knock your socks off!
Preparation – Fennel & Cabbage Slaw
Place the fennel and white cabbage into a large bowl and add the Puszta Salat, with some of the brandy vinegar, mix well. Add the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and mix in the spring onions and fresh coriander. Leave to marinate until ready to use.
Preparation - Chef Bjoern’s Giant Chilli Beef Hot Dog Sauce
Put all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk together until combined.
Preparation – Giant Chilli Beef Frankfurters
You can either heat the giant chilli beef frankfurters in the oven or in a bain-marie with hot, not boiling water, until hot through. Place on a char-grill for a couple of minutes, turning once, until both sides are nicely charred.
Preparation – Sides and Plate Up
Cook the Lamb Weston Stealth Fries according to pack instructions until crispy and browned. Toss in a mixing bowl with a sprinkle of German chip seasoning and plate up. Split the brioche bun, pack with fennel & cabbage slaw, add the chilli beef frankfurter, top off with Chef Bjoern’s hot dog sauce and a sprinkle of crispy fried onions, spring onions and slices of chilli or Jalapeño peppers for extra kick!