- 3 kg Connoisseur Rustic Fries
Fried sea bream
- 2 kg sea bream fillets
- Fish flour: Trisol and flour, in a ratio of 1 part Trisol to 5 parts of flour
- 3 bulbs of fennel
- 3 oranges
- 300 grams of Lamb’s lettuce
- Olive oil
- Maldon salt
- Powdered coriander seed
- 110 g pasteurised egg yolk
- 5 g salt
- ½ tsp pepper
Our fish and chips with fennel salad is a real English classic with an extra crispy new look, for the ultimate street food experience! You can use different types of whitefish for our fish and chips recipe, so you pick whichever suits you best to increase your margins. The fennel salad is easy to make and delivers surprisingly highly on flavour. Remoulade can be bought ready-made, but it’s just that little bit better homemade. When it comes to delivery, The Rustic Fry takes some beating, as it stays crispy for a long time.
- Step 1: Wash the fennel and cut in half vertically. Using a Japanese mandolin, slice the fennel into thin wafers.
- Step 2: Place the sliced fennel in a large bowl and grate in about a tablespoon of orange zest. Mix this with the washed lamb's lettuce.
- Step 3: Season with the orange juice, olive oil, powdered coriander seed, and Maldon salt.
- Step 4: For the remoulade, mix the egg yolks with salt, pepper, mustard, and vinegar using a whisk or mixer. Add the oil gradually and keep stirring slowly. Season with lemon juice or pickle juice.
- Step 5: Mix the chopped ingredients for the Remoulade together with the Mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Step 6: Cut the sea bream fillets into strips and mix those with some salt – leave for 2 minutes.
- Step 7: Coat the strips with the mixture of flour and Trisol.
- Step 8: Fry the Connoisseur Rustic Fries and the Sea bream strips at 180°C for about 3 minutes.
- Step 9: Place the fries and the sea bream in a bowl and serve the salad and remoulade sauce separately. Optionally, you can garnish the fries with a dollop of salad, for a festive effect.
Craving for more? You’ll find 3 exclusive recipes in the latest edition of Eat This! Magazine. Download your free issue now, and surprise your guests with delicious dishes!