Hotdog bun with Mozza Planks, tomato-balsamic ketchup, basil and rocket
- 1 bag Mozza planks
- 250 ml. tomato ketchup
- 50 ml. balsamic vinegar glaze
- 10 hotdog buns, part-baked
- 1 butter, melted
- lettuce, mixed
- tomato, chopped in chunks
‘The familiar flavours of the Italian kitchen wrapped up in an American street food concept. Really easy to make yet surprisingly delicious due to the contrasts between the exquisite taste, structure and temperature.’
- To make the ketchup, mix the tomato ketchup and the balsamic vinegar together and season to taste with some salt.
- Spread a layer of butter all over the outside of the hotdog buns and bake them off in the oven according to the instructions on the packaging. They will be beautifully crisp and have a much stronger flavour this way.
- In a bowl, combine the mixed salad, rocket and basil.
- Deep-fry the Mozza planks at 175°C for about 3:30 minutes. Allow to rest for about 2 minutes before serving.
- Cut along the top of the buns and fill with the mixed salad and the Mozza planks.
- Finish off with the tomato-balsamic ketchup and the tomato chunks.
- Serve immediately.