- 1 bag Mini Cheese Balls
Smoked mustard mayonnaise
- 150 g. mayonnaise
- 75 g. French mustard, sharp
- 50 g. smoked olive oil
Onion balsamic jam
- 200 g. onion jam
- 20 g. balsamic glaze (syrup)
- 150 g. basil pesto
- 50 g. rocket
- lettuce leaves or herbs for garnishing
‘A slightly different appetizer that goes really well with wine or beer. Of course, you can always serve them with other sauces or dips, but those mentioned here all complement the Mini Cheese Balls perfectly. You can make the sauces yourself or, as shown here, use ready-made 'convenience' sauces as a good base to work from.’
- For the mustard mayonnaise, mix all of the ingredients together and season to taste with some salt. Pour the sauce into a spray bottle and store it in the fridge.
- Mix the onion jam with the balsamic glaze and season to taste with some salt as desired.
- You can make the rocket pesto yourself or use basil pesto, which also works well. Blend the rocket really finely in a blender and add it to the basil pesto at the last second. Season to taste.
- Deep-fry the Mini Cheese Balls at 175°C for about 2 minutes, allowing them to rest in a warm place for another 2 minutes.
- Serve the Mini Cheese Balls with the three different sauces and wooden or bamboo cocktail sticks.
- Garnish with some herbs or lettuce.