Recipe for chicken vindaloo loaded sweet potato
30 minutes. À la minute: 1 minute.
- 500 g chicken thighs
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 5 g ginger powder
- 5 g mustard powder
- 2.5 g cinnamon powder
- 1 g clove powder
- 2.5 g turmeric powder
- 4 g ground cayenne pepper
- 2.5 g mild paprika
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 200 g full-fat yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp chives, cut into rings
- fried onions
- Sweet Potato Crisscuts
Delicious crispy sweet potato 'loaded' recipe with the famous Indian vindaloo and a fresh yoghurt sauce. A unique mix of sweet potato taste and savoury coating.
- On a yellow chopping board, chop the chicken thighs into similarly sized pieces of about 2 cm wide.
- Chop the onion and finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Mix the powdered spices.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and brown in butter.
- Remove the meat from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the onion until it begins to caramelise slightly.
- Add the garlic and braise briefly.
- Add the spice mixture and cook briefly.
- Deglaze with the chicken broth.
- Return the fried chicken to the pan and cook over a low heat.
- Season the vindaloo with the tamarind paste, lemon juice and salt.
- Chop the clove of garlic and stir it into the yoghurt along with the chives.
- Season the yogurt with salt and pepper.
- Cut open the bag of Sweet & savoury crisscuts and shake into a bowl.
- Deep fry until brown and crispy.
- Serve in suitable tableware.
- Pour over a generous helping of the chicken Vindaloo.
- Garnish with the fresh coriander and fried onions.
Chicken vindaloo loaded sweet potato and yoghurt sauce