Recipe for lemon sole with Chunky Fries
- 10 whole soles
- salt and pepper
- 2 dl milk
- 250 g flour
- chopped flat parsley
- 50 g capers
- Connoisseur Chunky Fries
- 1 bunch of chervil
- ½ bunch of tarragon
- ½ bunch of chives
- 2 heads of frisée lettuce
- French dressing
Recipe for lemon sole is one of the most popular fish dishes out there, so it deserves deliciously authentic fries. Connoisseur Fries are tasty in flavour and irregular and chunky in shape - the perfect choice for those who have hearty appetites for fries.
- Prepare the lemon soles.
- Make an angled cut in the skin and pull it off in one go.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Remove the head and cut away the swimming fins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the sole in the milk before dipping it in the flour.
- Fry the sole until golden brown on both sides.
- Test whether the sole is done by feeling if the fillet is separating from the spine.
- Add the capers and sauté briefly.
- Deglaze the pan with lemon juice and baste the sole with it.
- Sprinkle with chopped flat leaf parsley as desired.
- For the salad, pick the chervil and tarragon leaves and use the white part of the frisée lettuce.
- Wash the leaves well and dry in a salad spinner.
- Place the lemon soles on a semi-deep plate and serve with a generous amount of the cooking liquid.
- Dress the herbs and frisée lettuce with some French dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve separately from the Lemon soles.
- Cut open the bag of Connoisseur Chunky Fries and shake into a bowl.
- Deep fry the fries until brown and crispy.
- Serve as a side with the lemon soles.