- 1 bag Red Hot Jalapeños
Pico de gallo de pina
- 250 g. pineapple, cleaned
- 2 beef tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, seedless and cut
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 sprigs coriander
- salt and pepper
- 1 tub coriander cress
‘Picco de gallo is a traditional Mexican sauce that's served with tortilla chips or tacos, for example. Picco de gallo de piña is a variation with pineapple that offers a delicious accompaniment of hot spices and richer flavours, like cheese. In this case, this famous salsa perfectly marries with the Red Hot Jalapeños, to create a truly memorable snack'.
- Cut the pineapple into small chunks.
- Wash the tomatoes, quarter them and remove the seeds.
- Then, cut the flesh into chunks and mix them with the tomato, the diced red onion and the cut green pepper.
- Wash the lime and add the zest to the pineapple. Squeeze all the juice in too.
- Add the olive oil and finely cut coriander, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Deep-fry the Red Hot Jalapeños at 175°C for about 3:30 minutes. Allow to rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- Serve with a generous portion of pico de gallo de piña.
- Finish off with some lime quarters and coriander cress.