- 50 pieces Camembert Bites
Salad of lamb's lettuce and spinach
- lamb's lettuce (or cornsalad)
- lollo bionda
- 75 g. acacia honey
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 125 g. olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 pears, conference
- 500 g. white sugar
- 100 g. walnuts
‘Camembert bites are delicious as a stand-alone snack, but can be great in a salad too. This complete salad dish is based on the globally popular combination of Camembert with pear and honey. The addition of lime to the dressing gives it a refreshing lilt, whilst the pear is briefly caramelised with a torch, adding a slightly toasted flavour to the dish.'
- Wash the lettuce leaves and dry them thoroughly using a lettuce spinner.
- Make the dressing by mixing all of the ingredients together.
- Cut the pear in chunks and sprinkle them with the white sugar.
- Burn them off using a kitchen torch until the sugar caramelizes.
- Deep-fry the Camembert Bites at 175°C for about 2:30 minutes. Allow them to rest in a warm place for 2 minutes
- Use deep dishes to serve the mixed lettuce, pear, walnuts and the Camembert Bites.
- Add a generous splash of the honey-lime dressing all over.
- Serve some extra dressing on the side.