Slider with Mozzarella Patty, grilled aubergine and smoky tomato ketchup
- 1 aubergine
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- smoked salt and black pepper
Smokey tomato ketchup
- 200 g. tomato ketchup
- 50 ml. balsamic glaze
- 125 g. smoked olive oil
- 10 small hamburger buns/sliders, part baked
- lollo bionda
‘A vegetarian slider, or mini-sandwich, that's truly bursting with flavour! This combination of mozzarella, grilled aubergine and smoky tomato ketchup is bold and tasty. Even the biggest meat-lover will be satisfied. This small burger fits perfectly in a set lunch menu in combination with soup and salad.'
- To make smoky tomato ketchup, mix the tomato ketchup with the balsamic glaze and the smoked olive oil, seasoning to taste. Store in a spray bottle in the fridge.
- Cut the aubergine in slices of about 1 cm thick and cover both sides with salt.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before patting them dry.
- Bake the hamburger buns according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Deep-fry the Mozzarella Patties at 175°C for about 4:30 minutes. Leave them to rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- Cut the buns horizontally and toast them on both sides on a grill or baking tray until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the aubergine slices with some olive oil and briefly put them under the grill. Then, season with smoked salt and black pepper.
- Spread the ketchup over the bottom half of the buns and place a lollo bionda leaf with some spinach on top.
- Then place the Mozzarella patty with a slice of grilled aubergine on top of that again.
- Finish it off with the ketchup and one leaf of basil, before crowning the burger with the top half of the bun.