- 3 kg Potato Dippers
Jackfruit pulled pork
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 kg jackfruit
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 50 g soy sauce
- 3 g smoked paprika
- 100 ml vegan demi-glace
- salt & pepper
- frying oil
- 6 onions
- 100 g pickled jalapeños
- 50 g harissa
This spicy surprise is a completely vegan dish that will even be appreciated by avid meat eaters! The ingredients are inexpensive and can be found in most wholesalers and supermarkets. Putting these on your takeaway menu? Make sure to separate the garnishes.
- Peel the garlic and onions for the Jackfruit pulled pork and slice thinly.
- Core the jackfruit, pluck the flesh and rinse under cold water. Pat dry between two cloths.
- Sweat the onion in oil until translucent. Add the garlic and sweat briefly.
- Add the jackfruit and cook over high heat until it starts to caramelise. Deglaze the pan with the stock and cook until it has evaporated.
- Add the soy sauce and smoked paprika, stir well, and remove from the heat.
- Mash the jackfruit with a potato masher so that it falls apart. Add the vegan demi-glace and coat the jackfruit.
- For the fried onion, heat a pan with frying oil to 160°C. Slice the onions into thin rings on the mandolin and dip them in cornflour so that they feel completely dry. Fry the onion rings for five minutes until golden brown.
- And finally, it’s time to fry the Potato Dippers! Put them in the fryer for approximately three minutes at 175°C before you take them out to prepare your servings.
Now you have everything you need to either serve your dish or to send this hot ‘n ready-to-go order on its way!
Dive into Eat This! Magazine for valuable insights and tips from professionals! Fill in your details and receive the free magazine directly in your mailbox. Would you like to know more about trends, predictions and recent developments regarding our topics? Then also tick the box to receive our regular newsletter. And, when the latest edition comes out, you will be the first to know!