Sweet Potato Fries with Mexican mole, chili flakes and frozen avocado yoghurt cream
Sweet Potato Fries
- 750ml Mexican tomato sauce (e.g. taco sauce)
- 50g plain peanut butter
- 100g bitter dark chocolate
- 50ml Sriracha
Frozen avocado-yoghurt cream
- 3 avocados
- 120ml yoghurt
- 150ml sugar water (50/50)
- 5g salt
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 100g crushed ice
At first glance, this is a very exciting and challenging combination but it is much more accessible than you might think. The Mexican mole is spicy, tangy, slightly sweet, has a little bitterness and lots of umami! You can choose not to make the avocado cream into sorbet, but it makes it extra spectacular with all those contrasts in temperature, flavour and colour'
- For the dark-mole, heat the tomato sauce to boiling point. Add the peanut butter and Sriracha and heat for a minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate. Allow to cool.
- Clean the avocados and blend the flesh with the remaining ingredients until smooth. Use the cream as is or make it into a sorbet.
- Deep-fry the Sweet Potato Fries at 175°C for 2:30mins.
- Scoop into trays or plates and top with the Mexican mole and avocado sorbet.
- Garnish with fresh red chili and mint tops.
- Serve with extra mole and avocado.