Cheese Donuts with honey and black pepper syrup, 'sprinkled' with bacon and chives
- 1 bag Cheese Donuts
- 150 g. honey
- 2 tsp. black pepper, coarsley milled
- 1.5 tsp. sea salt
Sprinkles of bacon and chives
- 100 g. smoked bacon
- ½ bunch chives, fresh
‘These donuts are a tribute to the American ‘chocolate sprinkled donuts’. These delicious cheese donuts are dipped in flavoured honey. Then, they are sprinkled with fried bacon bits and chives. They make a super tasty beer snack or ideal as part of a salad.'
- To make the honey-black pepper syrup, simply mix the honey with salt and pepper.
- Cut the bacon really finely and bake until golden brown in a dry frying pan, before allowing them to dry on some kitchen paper.
- Chop the chives very finely with a sharp knife.
- Mix the cooled bacon with the chopped chives.
- Deep-fry the LW Cheese donuts at 175°C for about 2:10 minutes and allow to rest for about 2 minutes before serving.
- Pour some of the honey-black pepper syrup on a plate or dish and put the bacon and chives on another plate.
- Dip the donuts into the syrup on one side and then sprinkle the bacon and chive bits on all over the syrupy side.
- Serve with extra honey-black pepper syrup.
- Garnish with chives.