Mikado of Crispy Gold Cheese Sticks with celery and honey-mustard sauce
- 100 g. coarse mustard
- 100 g. honey
- 1 tbsp. cress
- 3 stalks celery
‘Cheese combines really well with honey, mustard and celery, all of which are brought together in this easy-to-make appetizer. The cress enhances the sharp flavour of the mustard. The celery also refreshes the taste buds and heightens the overall palatability of this delicious snack. In a different form, such as a salad, for example, the dish could also be served as a vegetarian starter.'
- To make the honey-mustard-cress sauce, mix the honey and mustard together. Only at the last minute, add the chopped cress.
- Wash the celery sticks and remove the leaves, retaining them for the garnish.
- Cut the celery into thin batons and put them in iced water.
- Deep-fry the Crispy Gold Cheese Sticks at 175°C for 2 minutes, allowing them to rest for 2 minutes, so the cheese isn't molten when serving.
- Make a mikado with the cheese and celery batons.
- Serve with the honey-mustard-cress sauce.
- Garnish using the celery leaves.