- 60 Pieces Swiss Style Cheese Wedges
- 1 courgette, yellow
- 1 courgette, green
- 3 red chili peppers
- 10 stalks spring onion
- 3 king oyster mushrooms
- olive oil
- 50 ml. balsamic vinegar
- 150 ml. olive oil, extra virgin
- 10 g. mustard
- 15 g. honey
- 1 dl. red sorrel leaves (often already included in pre-mixed salads)
‘The ultimate main course salad that's bursting with contrasts in flavour, structure and temperature. The Cheese wedges are crispy on the outside and deliciously creamy on the inside. The salad also consists of warmed grilled vegetables, a fresh, yet sour dressing, and spicy lettuces. This dish is a guaranteed success to include in your lunch menu!’
- Make the dressing by mixing all of the relevant ingredients together using a stick mixer. Store in a spray bottle in the fridge.
- Cut the yellow and green courgettes in slices of about 1 cm thick.
- Sprinkle them with salt and allow to soak in for about 10 minutes. Dab with kitchen paper to remove any excess moisture.
- Cut the pepper in the desired shape.
- Clean the spring onion and cut in the desired fashion.
- Cut the king oyster mushrooms in slices of about 1 cm thick.
- Mix all of the vegetables around in some olive oil and place in the fridge until use.
- Deep-fry the Swiss Style Cheese Wedges at 175°C for about 2 minutes. Allow to rest in a warm place for a further 2 minutes.
- Heat a griddle or barbecue and grill the vegetables until they are al dente. After removing them from the grill, sprinkle them with some salt and pepper.
- Dress the salad plates with the grilled vegetables, rocket and red sorrel. Then, sprinkle the balsamic dressing on top.
- Moments before serving, add the Cheese wedges on the top or side to complete the dish.