Back to recipe overview
Recipe for salmon tartare with poached egg
15 minutes. À la minute: 2 minutes.
- 600 g Norwegian salmon fillet, as fresh as possible
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp chives
- 2 tbsp small capers
- 2 tbsp cornichons
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ ts green Tabasco
- ½ ts Dijon mustard with tarragon, fine
- ½ ts Worcestershire sauce
- Maldon salt
- 6 eggs, as fresh as possible
- fried capers
- green salad
- Stealth fries straight cut
- Horseradish sauce
A recipe for the variation of the French bistro classic and the hugely popular Steak Tartare. The fries add a touch of crunch and warmth to the dish and contrast nicely with the salmon and poached egg. Our unique Stealth Fries Straight cut are coated with a transparent layer, making them crispier and giving them a longer holding time than regular fries.
- Overview of all ingredients.
- Skin the salmon on a blue chopping board.
- Set a bowl on top of a larger bowl filled with crushed ice.
- Now finely dice the salmon (0.5 x 0.5 cm brunoise) and cool immediately in the cold bowl.
- Chop the shallot, chives, capers and cornichons very finely.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks, mix with the finely chopped garnishes and season with tabasco, mustard, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Now fold this dressing into the salmon brunoise and season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, add the chives.
- Portion the tartares to approx. 100 grams.
- Make sure your eggs are as fresh as can be and cold. Before poaching the eggs, make sure you have a cold cup handy.
- Bring at least 4 cm of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Using a whisk, swirl the water until a slow whirlpool forms. Make sure the water is around 90°C.
- Crack an egg onto a slotted spoon to drain off the excess egg white. Let slide into the cold cup.
- Gently let the egg slide into the centre of the water. Poach for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the egg from the water with a clean slotted spoon and blot off any excess moisture.
- Dress the tartare on a plate or platter.
- Place the poached egg on top of the tartare. Garnish with some fresh green salad and the fried capers.
- Cut open the bag of Stealth fries straight cut and shake into a bowl.
- Deep fry the fries until brown and crispy.
- Serve these alongside the tartare.
- Serve the horseradish sauce in a separate bowl alongside the dish.
Salmon tartare with poached egg and horseradish sauce