Our QHSE policy statement
QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment)
Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Policy
Human wellbeing through potatoes: now and for generations to come, we operate in a sustainable way. We serve and inspire customers and consumers with inventive potato products and solutions they love and trust. Not only do we obey the law, we commit to establishing a preventive approach. Food and feed safety, authenticity and quality, as well as environment, safety and health are at the heart of everything we do at LW/M. We hold ourselves accountable for compliance with the following principles:
- We respect the health of people, animals and environment at every step of our value chain.
- We offer enjoyment of our (potato) products to everyone, everywhere, anytime.
- We make sure the integrity of our products remains intact throughout the value chain.
- We aim to improve work place safety and employee well-being.
- We strive to reduce negative impact of our products, processes and activities for their entire lifecycle.
- We contribute positively to the societies in which we operate.
- We commit to clear objectives and targets and ensure the availability of information for this purpose.
Our approach is based on science, risk assessment and continuous improvement, and it is something we do together. We listen to and learn from our stakeholders: customers; consumers; suppliers; neighbours; authorities; non-governmental organizations; and our colleagues. We use this information as well as scientific insights, best available technologies and information technology to build-in quality, safety and protection of health and environment by design and for continuous improvement. With our standards and policies, we advance the quality, safety and health in the value chain, we minimize our environmental footprint and create peace of mind with our customers and consumers.
All our employees are responsible for QESH. They, their families and loved ones are also our consumers. We continuously monitor and evaluate QESH. Also, we encourage our employees to come with ideas to improve aspects in QESH, and to take action and speak up when they are aware of circumstances that may interfere with compliance with this policy or otherwise present a QESH related hazard. We address such circumstances immediately in our value chains. We expect the same values from our suppliers and business partners.
October 7, 2019
Lamb Weston / Meijer VOF’s Leadership Team
Bas Alblas, CEO
Lisette Jacobs, Director HR & Communications
John Wiskerke, Director Strategic Supply & Ambient Business
Marc Brillaxis, Commercial Director Frozen
Michel de Lepper, Operations Director Frozen
Niklas Andersson, Director Strategic Innovation
Peter van Wouwe, CFO
Read our QHSE policy in German
Read our QHSE policy in Dutch