- 50 pieces Beer Battered Onion Rings
- mixed lettuce leaves
- 50 pieces cherry tomatoes, various colours
- 1 tbsp. avocado, ripe
- 75 g. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 150 g. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- crispy bacon or rashers (store-bought or home-made)
- Purple Shiso
‘The famous BLT salad, adapted from the BLT sandwich, is immensely popular worldwide. Besides the stunning colourful contrasts, this variation also combines different temperatures and structures, making it even more delicious and enjoyable. The addition of the Beer Battered Onion Rings transforms this salad into a truly complete meal’.
- Wash the lettuce leaves in ice-cold water and dry off in the salad spinner.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and set them aside.
- Cut around and into the avocado to remove the stone and scoop the flesh out using a spoon and slice it up.
- Make the dressing by mixing all of the ingredients together using a whisk or stick-mixer. Store it in the fridge until use.
- Warm the slices of fried bacon in the oven.
- Deep-fry the Beer Battered Onion Rings at 175°C for 2:30 minutes.
- Build the salad using the variety of lettuces, cherry tomatoes and avocado, with a generous lashing of the dressing on top.
- Finish it off with the warm bacon and deep-fried onion rings.
- Garnish with purple Shiso and serve immediately.