Back to recipe overview
Lacquered cauliflower nuggets with Crispy Cubes & fresh mayonnaise
30 – 45 min
- 1.5 kg Seasoned Crispy Cubes
- 1 kg cauliflower in small florets
- 100 g flour
- 100 g corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 250 ml water
- 1.5 l vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 50 ml ginger syrup
- 50 ml Japanese soy sauce
- 50 ml sweet soy sauce
- 50 g brown sugar
- 200 g Greek yoghurt
- 100 g wasabi mayonnaise
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- 2 limes
- spring onion, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds
- Shiso purple cress
These cauliflower nuggets are truly golden, as they have an amazing structure and powerful flavour. The tasty seasoned cubes are a great addition, while the yoghurt-lime mayonnaise makes for a fresh contrast. Easily prepared in advance, you only need to quickly fry them and add the soy-ginger sauce à la minute!
- Start with the batter for the cauliflower nuggets. First, mix the dry ingredients together. Add the water slowly whilst stirring and keep stirring until smooth. Cover the bowl and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- For the soy-ginger lacquer, bring all of the ingredients to a boil and allow to cool.
- For the yoghurt-lime mayonnaise, mix the yoghurt with the wasabi mayonnaise and the lime juice and zest.
- Season to taste.
- Pre-heat the vegetable oil for the cauliflower nuggets to 180°C.
- Draw the cauliflower florets through your batter, making sure to tap off any excess batter. Leave plenty of space between the florets before putting them into the oil (max. 15 nuggets at a time) and frying for about 3 minutes. Remove the nuggets from the oil, allow to drain and keep them warm while you fry off the rest.
- Per portion, heat a few tablespoons of the soy-ginger lacquer in a pan and add the deep-fried cauli-florets. Make sure that they’re all properly covered.
- Sprinkle the nuggets with sesame seeds and spring onion.
- Deep-fry the Seasoned Crispy Cubes at 175°C for about 3 minutes.
- Serve the Crispy Cubes with the cauliflower nuggets on plates or in a dish with the yoghurt-lime mayonnaise on the side.