- chicken legs
- red onion
- 2 lemons
- Connoisseur Chunky Fries
A delicious recipe for chicken roast with gravy and black pepper fries. Connoisseur Fries are tasty in flavour and irregular and chunky in shape. Our roast chicken with gravy recipe is a popular dish, so it deserves deliciously authentic fries. The fries customers are looking for, the golden, rough-cut fries they’ll take notice of.
- Place the chicken legs in a roasting pan skin side up.
- Rub the chicken legs with the butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut 2 of the lemons in half and place between the chicken legs.
- Roast the chicken in a 200ᵒC oven for 45 minutes.
- Clean the red onion.
- Chop the garlic and add it.
- Chop the zucchini and eggplant into equal 1x1 cm chunks.
- Braise all ingredients in a little oil
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken legs and lemons from the roasting pan.
- Leave the chicken legs to rest in a warm place. Make sure to leave them uncovered to prevent condensation from forming and keep the skin crispy.
- Place the roasting pan on the hob and add the broth. Scrape off the brown burnt bits, because they’re full of flavour.
- Chop the parsley (and add it to the gravy).
- Dress the chicken on a plate.
- Serve with the braised vegetables and parsley gravy.
- Deep fry the Connoisseur Chunky fries until crispy.
- Transfer the fries to a drip tray and spoon on the fries and garnish with lemon zest and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Chicken roast with roasting gravy and chunky lemon - black pepper fries