Wings & Wedges
A dish doesn’t have to be complex to be tasty and appealing. This dish is a twist on the beloved chicken wings. The black garlic has a unique flavour that will surprise everyone! Are you serving these wings with seasoned potato wedges and garlic mayonnaise? Then you’ve really hit the jackpot! And if making mayonnaise yourself is too much work, there are plenty of alternatives. Aïoli is also an option. The cress isn’t just for colour, but gives the dish some extra spice!
3 kg Potato Wedges Seasoned
Chicken wings with black garlic
- 36 chicken wings
- 300 g black garlic
900 ml water
- 300 g extra virgin canola oil
- 110 g pasteurised egg yolk
- 20 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml lemon juice
- 10 gr mustard
- 900 ml sunflower oil
- 2 trays of garden cress
- Step 1: Make sure all the ingredients for the garlic mayonnaise are at the right temperature
- Step 2: Blend all ingredients for the garlic mayonnaise except for the oil in a blender. Now gradually add the oil and blend at a slow speed. This will create a thick mayonnaise.
- Step 3: Season the mayonnaise with salt and pepper
- Step 4: For the chicken wings, mix the black garlic, water, and rapeseed oil in the thermo blender. Strain this through a sieve.
- Step 5: Clean the chicken wings and season them with salt.Put them in a bowl, add the black garlic, mix this well and let the wings marinate for a few hours.
- Step 6: Grill the chicken wings over charcoal or in the oven until they are fully cooked and nicely caramelised.
- Step 7: Fry the Potato Wedges for 3.15 minutes at 175°C.
- Step 8: Finish the plates with the chicken wings and the seasoned potato wedges, and garnish with the garlic mayonnaise and a little cress. Voila!
Craving for more? You’ll find 3 exclusive recipes in the latest edition of Eat This! Magazine. Download your free issue now, and surprise your guests with delicious dishes!